What are Job Coach Services?
Job coaches perform a variety of duties to assist the impaired employee in efficiently performing job duties, both on and off the job site. Below is a typical list of duties for a coach.
- Provides one-on-one on site job coaching to mold successful behaviors.
- Provides actual job training.
- Provides one-on-one off site job coaching support to ensure work readiness.
- Provides on-going job follow-up and retention services.
The benefits of hiring an employee who utilizes Job Coaching:
- Training and staff support from the Job Coach will conform with the style of the company. The Job Coach will ensure this continues until the new employee is performing at the desired level.
- Job Coaches assist with idenitifying reasonable work accommodation and are a resource for diversity efforts.
- Job Coaches can assist the employer with gaining available tax credits such as the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC) and the Disabled Access Tax Credit for small businesses.